Fashion and Beauty - Wholesale Womens Clothing.

My Alter Ego - 1984

In 1984, I was a young stay-at-home mom with two children under the age of 6. My standard outfit was jeans, an oversize t-shirt, and sneakers. But, when perusing fashion magazines, this was the woman I longed to be. This was my alter ego. Powerful, in charge, important, and dressed in beautiful clothes. That's not to say I wasn't important and in charge, but at that time, I often felt like my life was out of control. Who wouldn't with preschoolers underfoot and a household to run? And dressing like she did? Out of the question.

A few short years later, I had started my own business, and this was how I dressed when I traveled to trade shows in New York (I substituted spike heels for the boots and didn't carry a polo mallet). My true self had emerged. Personal style is a huge part of who we are, and dressing in a look that expresses that style gives us natural self confidence.

Who is your fashion alter ego? Have you ever found an image in a fashion magazine and grown into the style as I did? I'd love to hear your story.

Shown above: Navy gabardine blouse and fawn twill skirt by Donna Karan and Louis Dell 'Olio for Anne Klein.

My Alter Ego - 1984 Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anonymous
 
Bellini's Fashion and Beauty, Womens Clothing, Located in Glenwood Springs Colorado, plus size womens clothing, womens clothing suppliers, womens urban clothing, women's boutique clothing, trendy women's clothing, womens designer clothing, womens clothing in bulk, womens clothing online Bellini's Fashion and Beauty, Womens Clothing, Located in Glenwood Springs Colorado, plus size womens clothing, womens clothing suppliers, womens urban clothing, women's boutique clothing, trendy women's clothing, womens designer clothing, womens clothing in bulk, womens clothing online