Fashion and Beauty - Wholesale Womens Clothing.

[anji.k]: Anji Kim.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


It is always amazingly exciting for me to find incredible new designers with such flare that it's hard to believe that they're only starting out:
  1. because I can stare at all their pretty work
  2. because I can share it with you guys and build the big names of next year
Anji Kim is one of these high flyers. I've been taken by the intricacy and finesse in her jewellery - the very element that takes edginess in an outfit you just threw on to a new level of class. So, it was my pleasure to speak to her about how she got to where she is now:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Starting Out:
I'm actually just starting out!! I couldn't wait till I finish the school. I'm completing a Bachelor of Fine Art with Jewellery + metal major at ACAD next year.

The Philosophy:
Intrigue and experiment. A subversion to the usual notion of beauty, or something like that. I want to make a visual impact whether it's from love or hate. I want to capture the fine line between bleak and elegance, rough and sophistication. I believe that the clash between two unconventional elements gives depth and complexity to a piece.

The [anji.k] Vibe:
Raw and undefined. It's clean but definitely not subtle. Each pieces need to make a statement and have a presence. Turn heads and make them look twice.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Love per piece:
Brainstorm, trial and error, late hours, and lots of grunts, haha. Designing process gets done all in my head. But it's the making process that takes time. I really care about the comfort for wearers and the longevity of pieces that I make. Needless to say, I can't get the idea out fast enough. Also I'm constantly researching for mediums and devises that I can experiment with.

Future goals:
I want to continue to focus on creating new interesting pieces and expand my line. I don't have a specific goal. I've learned that living in the moment brings out the best outcome. That way I can be ready for anything!

On Bloggers:
It has become such a big part of our culture. The impact and the power a blog has is undeniable. There is no censorship or formality. It's a fantastic new form of journalism.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thanks Anji!

Can you imagine wearing all those pieces with a black knit, sheer tights, and Belstaff boots? You'd be five steps up on Cory Kennedy in Nirvana tee, I'm telling you that much!

Check out more of Anji's work HERE.

(And you can buy the Birdskull Ring and Armour Nails HERE)

*love*

xx

[anji.k]: Anji Kim. Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anonymous
 
Bellini's Fashion and Beauty, Womens Clothing, Located in Glenwood Springs Colorado, plus size womens clothing, womens clothing suppliers, womens urban clothing, women's boutique clothing, trendy women's clothing, womens designer clothing, womens clothing in bulk, womens clothing online Bellini's Fashion and Beauty, Womens Clothing, Located in Glenwood Springs Colorado, plus size womens clothing, womens clothing suppliers, womens urban clothing, women's boutique clothing, trendy women's clothing, womens designer clothing, womens clothing in bulk, womens clothing online