Fashion and Beauty - Wholesale Womens Clothing.

Lulu in Chains: Shadi Tambrchi.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Lulu in Chains is gaining momentum like the cutting-edge ball of sophisticated energy that it is. The hard work, precision and aesthetic balance in every one of designer Shadi Tambrchi's pieces have really set the label apart from the recent surge in new names in the Aussie (fist-pump!) fashion industry - and she's certainly picking up some well-deserved acclaim: she's just been selected as a finalist in the 2010 Chambord Shine Awards, winning the Peoples' Choice award on the night! What I personally love most about Shadi's work is that she's not scared of bringing opposites together, and I so thrilled at the chance to catch up with her about herself and Lulu in Chains:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So tell us a but about yourself and how Lulu in Chains came about.
Like alot of good things in life, Lulu in Chains was an accident. I used to design for myself and everytime I wore one of my designs out, I was approached by stores wanting to stock the style. I soon started thinking that perhaps I could start my own label and that is how the label was born. Prior to the birth of Lulu in Chains, I actually practised as a lawyer for four years.

What is Lulu in Chains’ design philosophy?
Lulu in Chains has a motto - "because life is too short to wear a dull dress". Through each Lulu in Chains dress, I aim to give the woman wearing it that "wow" factor. I refuse to allow women to look "ordinary" - yet I want women to stand out with elegance and style. Whilst a beautiful, unique dress may not change the world, it can be a very powerful thing - it can help you be noticed, it can enhance you, it can help you be remembered. Afterall, if you remember the dress, you remember the woman wearing it. I hope that through my label, I can give women a taste of the power that comes from wearing that incredible dress.

What are you working on at the moment?
A black leather dress with protruding layers upon layers of white soft tulle on one side (sounds ridiculous but will [hopefully!] be amazing).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And what are you working towards in the long run?
My desire is not to be stocked in every store in every country. In fact, I say no to stockist requests more than I say no. I want to keep Lulu in Chains somewhat “exclusive”. I don’t want women to be worried that they will see fifty other people wearing the same Lulu in Chains dress when they are out. My long term goal is for women to seek my label when they want a “wow” dress that will make them stand out but with grace and beauty. I would like Lulu in Chains to have a “quiet” following by confident, strong women who are proud of their femininity, and who want to be remembered – afterall , if you remember the dress, you remember the woman wearing it. My label is not designed for the woman who wants to be lost in the crowd or sit in the corner of the room the entire night.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What kind of works goes into designing and releasing one Lulu in Chains piece?
How much time do you have? I am obsessed in two regards – the style and the fit of the dress.
In relation to style, I always want to ensure that the dress is not ordinary or dull, however that the dress remains elegant and wearable to a range of functions. Also, my designs are usually based on a contradiction of ideas . For example, for alot of my winter styles, I have combined french lace with black leather – with the overall effect being the juxtaposition of femininity in the lace and masculinity in the leather. This implies that a women can both be confident and strong, sweet and feminine all at once.

In relation to fit, I don’t care how great a design you have – if the fit is not flattering no one will want to wear it. I spend as much time ensuring that the fit of the dress is flattering than I do on the design.

What do you think of the new wave of bloggers coming through?
I think that it is great. The more opinions and information that is out there, the better.

One of our previous interviewees, designer Marina Makaron, would like to know: Do you like wearing your own designs?
I only design clothes that I want to wear myself. In fact, this is another of my “rules of design”. If I wont wear it myself, it will not make it to the store.

And last of all, what’s a random question you would like to ask the next interviewee?
What do you think is the worst characteristic of the fashion world?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thanks Shadi! I am so certain that there are some big years ahead!

Check out more of Lulu in Chains HERE.

*love*

xx

Lulu in Chains: Shadi Tambrchi. Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anonymous
 
Bellini's Fashion and Beauty, Womens Clothing, Located in Glenwood Springs Colorado, plus size womens clothing, womens clothing suppliers, womens urban clothing, women's boutique clothing, trendy women's clothing, womens designer clothing, womens clothing in bulk, womens clothing online Bellini's Fashion and Beauty, Womens Clothing, Located in Glenwood Springs Colorado, plus size womens clothing, womens clothing suppliers, womens urban clothing, women's boutique clothing, trendy women's clothing, womens designer clothing, womens clothing in bulk, womens clothing online