Fashion and Beauty - Wholesale Womens Clothing.

Review, Swatches & FOTD: Sally Hansen Natural Beauty (Inspired by Carmindy) Your Skin Makeup!

Every once in a while I like to browse product reviews on makeupalley in each category descending from the largest amount of reviews. Last month I found myself taking extra time to look through the highest rated drugstore foundations. That's how I came across Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Foundation. I never heard of it until that point. I know I've seen the "Natural" section before at my local CVS Pharmacy, but I never looked at any of it. Why? Because "Naturals" honestly didn't sound very appealing to me. It automatically makes me think of products that won't have good coverage or products with little to no pigmentation. Call it Cake Face Beauty and I probably would know all about it. Haha! I'm joking, but what's sad is it's probably true.

When I started reading reviews, I quickly realized this foundation is no tinted moisturizer. Several reviews claimed this foundation has an excellent medium coverage.. and compared it to several high end foundations. It's rated a 4/5 based on 326 reviews with a buy back rate of 70%.


Click the screenshot to be redirected to makeupalley's review page for this product!

There are 12 different shades.

Based on reviews, I had it in my mind to get Sandy Beige or Tawny Beige for my MAC NC35-40 skin-tone. I'm usually NC40 all year round, but lately I haven't been self tanning as often as usual. So I've been wearing NC30-NC35 a lot. I knew if the color runs a little light from a NC40, it's no big deal. Just as long as the undertone is correct.

I even read that some NC40's were wearing True Beige and Golden Beige. Golden Beige is a little on the grayish side, so definitely a neutral shade for those of you that don't have much yellow. True Beige definitely has a pink tone to it.

Anyways, once I arrived to ULTA I couldn't find Sally Hansen products anywhere! I was about to leave and I decided to check the clearance rack real quick for good deals. And what did I see? ALL SALLY HANSEN PRODUCTS WERE CLEARANCE. In a way, I was excited because they were half off & in a way I was like "Come on Seriously? You're going to discontinue something good?"

Rest in Peace my beloved Maybelline Shine Free.. We were best friends in high school.. We had plans!! We were supposed to do everything together!! *tear*

Lmao, last night I was talking funny because it was late, and now it's my lack of sleep.

Soo, I ended up getting both Tawny Beige and Sandy Beige. They were I believe.. $6.99 each.


Once I got home and swatched them on my hand, I right away favored Sandy Beige. It's lighter than Tawny Beige and has more of a golden yellow tone to it. Tawny Beige looks almost identical except it is slightly darker and has a slightly.. reddish tint to it? It still has a yellow tone to it, but not as prominent as Sandy Beige. Sandy Beige is more for the lighter NC40's that can go down (nc37) instead of up (nc42).

This picture is taken in a room with fluorescent lighting - no flash


Same room as before, but an area where there is less light - no flash


Comparisons of MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC30 and NC40 to both Sally Hansen Foundations. (The photo is taken with flash)

Application & Review
I've tried two different methods of applying the foundation. I've tried it with my fingers and I've tried it with a MAC 131 Brush. I highly favor the brush method for a flawless look. I found the coverage to a definite medium plus coverage. I found the coverage is similar to MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation. The texture is very creamy and applies very smooth. It reminded me a bit of Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk texture wise (thin, not heavy, runny, yet creamy). The end result is a beautiful airbrushed look with a slightly dewyness. I did not find this foundation to be too oily. After I've applied the foundation, I set it with a blot powder and re-blot once later in the day. My makeup stays put till the time I go to sleep. I wore this foundation practically my whole Vegas trip and I loved it (even in extreme heat). Love this stuff & will repurchase.

Here is what it looks like on my face. This picture was taken in the daylight with no flash.



This is basically my plain every day look..

Face-
Sally Hansen Natural Beauty your Skin Makeup in Sandy Beige
MAC Select Cover up Concealer NW25 & a smudge of Lancome Effacernes Concealer
MAC "Pleasureful" Blushcreme
MAC Blot Powder Med. Dark (a light dusting all over my face)

Brows-
MAC "Cork" Eyeshadow
MAC "Girl Boy" Brow Set

Eyes-
MAC "Cork" Eyeshadow (smudged into upper and lower lash line)
MAC "Coco Bar" Liquidlast Liner
Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara Black

Lips-
MAC "Pleasureful" Blushcreme
LA Splash "Sparkling Coral" lip gloss

Sally Hansen Natural Beauty products can be purchased online at CVS.com, Rite-Aid.com and Drugstore.com.

Review, Swatches & FOTD: Sally Hansen Natural Beauty (Inspired by Carmindy) Your Skin Makeup! Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anonymous
 
Bellini's Fashion and Beauty, Womens Clothing, Located in Glenwood Springs Colorado, plus size womens clothing, womens clothing suppliers, womens urban clothing, women's boutique clothing, trendy women's clothing, womens designer clothing, womens clothing in bulk, womens clothing online Bellini's Fashion and Beauty, Womens Clothing, Located in Glenwood Springs Colorado, plus size womens clothing, womens clothing suppliers, womens urban clothing, women's boutique clothing, trendy women's clothing, womens designer clothing, womens clothing in bulk, womens clothing online