Fashion and Beauty - Wholesale Womens Clothing.

Shop Cuffs: Lacadia.

Photobucket


For the eclectic soul (:p), if you haven't checked out and shopped around Shop Cuffs before, I'm going to say you have to get around to it in the next hour for the endless feedstock of inspiration and fun pieces.

I got the chance to catch up with the lovely Lacadia about her work, her inspiration and Shop Cuffs.

1. Hey there, how’s it going?
Pretty fantastic, actually. Summer is on it's way here in California and I've got lots of travel plans booked. I'll actually be in Australia this August.

2. To start with, what is Shop Cuffs’ approach to fashion and style?
I'd say we strive to strike a balance between classic styling and current trends, while keeping it young and fun and somewhat spontaneous... not too thought out. When styling for the site I like to think about how I would put together each piece with what's in my own closet, so that it comes together in a unique way but is still very wearable.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

3. In all the pieces you come up with, where does your design philosophy stand?
I think the things that appeal to me are ever changing and can even vary from day to day. One day I'm obsessing over 90's florals and porkpie hats, and on another it's florescent color blocking and shoulder pads, then the next maybe I'm dreaming about long braids and platform sandals. Because of this, I do worry that the site isn't as cohesive as it should be... like people might get confused as to what we're all about. But I hope that my customer feels the same and can appreciate different looks for different days, moods, occasions, etc.

One thing that I think influences everything I put together is my immediate attraction to very pretty, very feminine things and then my subsequent need to somehow harden them and give them a slightly masculine edge. I love florals, but mostly those that are in very dark, rich tones. If I've got a pastel dress, I always want to pair it with dark, chunky, dirty boots. I was a pretty serious tomboy as a kid and so I think that plays a big role in my design philosophy.

4. What would you describe Shop Cuffs’ vibe as being?
I guess I'd like to think of our vibe as a Northern Californian version of New York fashion. I think that we have more in common with East Coast fashion than we do with a lot of the West Coast stuff coming out of L.A. But I think there's a very pronounced West Coast influence that brings a slightly more laid back feel to it all.

5. I love seeing how bloggers and street stylists interpret all your pieces – what’s your view on the massive new wave of fashion blogs and street style away from professional cameras and runways?
I absolutely love it. It's all very democratic in that it's allowed a huge amount of underground talent to surface and flourish in a very organic way, without the interference of big business fashion. I hear there's a bit of a war going on between fashion editors and fashion bloggers right now, which I think is really interesting and kind of exciting. Who would have imagined that such a grassroots operation could rattle such a huge industry? It makes me sort of giddy.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

6. What’s planned for 2010 for Shop Cuffs?
So much! The site is really a work in progress and there are a lot of things that need to be done to make it more user-friendly. There are definitely some design elements I'd like to rework as well. I do all of the photography for the site myself and I still have a lot to learn in that department. We moved our shoots indoors this past Fall (so our schedule was less affected by the elements) and I'm still really unhappy with my lighting set up. I miss the organic, on-the-street feel of our outdoor shoots so I'm trying to figure out how to regain some of that aesthetic in the studio.

7. I’m really interested to hear – what kind of work goes into working through and selecting the products that make it to the store?
Quite a bit. It's a very constant part of my job and there are a million different elements that need to be taken into consideration as a buyer; current trends, what's going to set us apart from those trends without taking us too far off the map, what I love versus what will actually sell well, what everyone else is stocking and trying not to duplicate that... There's really a lot of research involved which is why you really have to love it to do it. While flipping through magazines and scrolling blogs used to be a leisure activity, it's now also work. I actually have a hard time finding things to do at home that aren't work related on my days off... which makes for a good excuse to go out and have a cocktail. :)

8. So where does Shop Cuffs look to for inspiration for all of your work?
As I mentioned, I definitely troll the internet for fashion blogs. I regularly visit The Glamourai, Fashion Toast, Sea of Shoes, Lookbook, Jack and Jill and Garance Dore. There are so many great ones. I'm also kind of obsessed with Style Rookie right now. She's so funny and self-possessed in a way that most people twice her age are not. And I just love her attitude about her success; she seems very grounded. I would love to meet her parents and hear how they feel about it all.

I guess I'm a little off track here... other than blogs and fashion magazines I love to find inspiration in old movies and vintage photography. In highschool I used to go to the public library and look at old fashion magazines and fashion photography books. It can be really engrossing. You should try it sometime.

Photobucket

9. Who’s your favourite style icon of the moment?
I've always been a fan of Milla Jovovich and I liked her line, Jovovich-Hawk, which I don't think she's producing anymore... so maybe she's not so “of the moment”. I usually like what Alexa Chung is wearing, and I love it when the Olsen Twins get dressed up. I think they do a really good job of mixing modern and vintage.

10. What’s the biggest style trend you see coming along this year?
I think this summer we'll be seeing a lot of extreme hemlines, be they extremely short or extremely long. I'm on the hunt for high-waisted hot pants in florals and stripes. It seems like everyone's doing some serious layering for Fall, which I love.

11. And last of all, what’s a random question would you guys like to ask the next interviewee?
Have you checked out Shopcuffs.com yet? Why not?

Thanks for your time, Lacadia!

Needless to say, I'm a little in love with all the pieces I've posted here :)

Check out Shop Cuffs HERE.

*love*

xx

Shop Cuffs: Lacadia. Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anonymous
 
Bellini's Fashion and Beauty, Womens Clothing, Located in Glenwood Springs Colorado, plus size womens clothing, womens clothing suppliers, womens urban clothing, women's boutique clothing, trendy women's clothing, womens designer clothing, womens clothing in bulk, womens clothing online Bellini's Fashion and Beauty, Womens Clothing, Located in Glenwood Springs Colorado, plus size womens clothing, womens clothing suppliers, womens urban clothing, women's boutique clothing, trendy women's clothing, womens designer clothing, womens clothing in bulk, womens clothing online