Fashion and Beauty - Wholesale Womens Clothing.

Designer Perfect Brushes at Big Lots for $1!

Periodically (maybe a couple times a month) I like to check out my local Big Lots and Dollar Tree stores for great deals. It's always a hit or miss. Half of the time I walk out with nothing and the other half of the time I find something good. If one of your favorite drugstore items became discontinued, Big Lots or your local dollar store are good places to check periodically for those items. 

They seemed to have a lot of ELF items, which was most likely an overstock. They were all still a dollar each, so no real deal on them. If you're a fan of Maybelline's Color Sensational Lipstick in the shade Pink Please, there were several tubes for $1.50. (View my past review here) I actually gave my tube to a friend because I didn't wear it much. Of course every store will have a different selection, so what I find at my Big Lots.. you may not be able to find at yours - and vise versa.

Cosmetic Aisle at Big Lots
Cosmetic Aisle at Big Lots
Something that did catch my eye though were some brushes, more specifically, a whole brush set for $1. None of the bristles felt stiff and scratchy, so for $1, who could go wrong? I also picked up a few single brushes. (I apologize in advance if the photos aren't the greatest quality. They are taken indoors with flash)
From left to right: Powder Brush, Duo Eyeshadow Brush, Wiper Blending Eyeshadow Brush, Five Brush Mini Kit with Zip Purse.
Five Brush Mini Kit with Zip Purse
The Five Brush Mini Kit contains a blush/powder brush, foundation brush and three double sided brushes for the eyes, brows and concealer. I've already used each of the brushes and they are surprisingly good quality for $1. The only brush I find useless is the brush on the opposite side of the angled brush. It's an angled sponge for smudging.. and I find the sponge too dense (and rubbery?) to work well. Also, the angled brush is a little stiff so can't really be used to line the eyes... but it works great for the brows.

Brushes included in the Five Brush Mini Kit (excluding the powder & foundation brushes)
What's cool is that the kit comes with a little zip around carrying case which is perfect for travel. It's great to pop in your bag, use for traveling or even to keep in your glove compartment in your car for emergencies!

Carrying case for the Five Brush Mini Kit
Left to Right: Powder Brush, Wiper Blending Eyeshadow Brush and Duo Eyeshadow Brush.
The three brushes I purchased separately are also great quality. The Wiper Blending brush is like a dupe for the MAC 224 or Sigma Tapered Blending Brush. 

The only thing I dislike about these brushes is the appearance of them (*cough* ugly). I prefer black brushes to match all of my other brushes. Nevertheless, these brushes are great for travel, or like I mentioned good to keep in your car, etc. 

Have you found any "too good to pass by" deals lately? Do share!

Designer Perfect Brushes at Big Lots for $1! Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anonymous
 
Bellini's Fashion and Beauty, Womens Clothing, Located in Glenwood Springs Colorado, plus size womens clothing, womens clothing suppliers, womens urban clothing, women's boutique clothing, trendy women's clothing, womens designer clothing, womens clothing in bulk, womens clothing online Bellini's Fashion and Beauty, Womens Clothing, Located in Glenwood Springs Colorado, plus size womens clothing, womens clothing suppliers, womens urban clothing, women's boutique clothing, trendy women's clothing, womens designer clothing, womens clothing in bulk, womens clothing online