Fashion and Beauty - Wholesale Womens Clothing.

Myia Bonner.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It was definitely an honour for me to catch up with the talented and star jewellery designer (recent winner of EC One Unsigned), Myia Bonner. With her out-of-the-box design ideas and perfect structural combinations, Myia will be taking on the world and its streetstyle in the less-than-distant future for sure!

Hey hey! How’s it going?
Hello! I am very good thanks!

Can you tell us a bit about how your design work came about?
The Diamond Collection is inspired by my interest in science, nature, trends and traditions. I like to create jewellery that I would want to wear, it tends to be big and bold, even though i'm only little. I started by looking at the current ideas surrounding diamonds, why people wear them, and the associations that people have towards them, from there I experimented with lots of forms a diamond could take, and eventually got what I was searching for!

What is the Myia Bonner vibe?
The Myia Bonner vibe! Let's see... bold dramatic chic

Borderline obsessed with your latest work and congratulations on EC One! The concepts in your pieces are amazing! What was your main inspiration?
Thank you very much, yes I was unbelievably happy to win the EC One Unsigned competition, there was some very amazing designers I was up against, and it was great to meet them all! I would say my main inspiration comes from fashion, I enjoy the sculptural manipulation of creating new forms to wear against the body, and i am also slightly obsessed with Gareth Pugh's creations!

Where do you want to be in 5 years time?
Wow! that's very far ahead!
I plan to continue building my diamond collection, as I feel there is so much more I can do to pursue my theme as a narrative. But I guess, I would love to just be designing and making for the rest of my life!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Which are your all time personal favourite pieces?
Definitely 'Diamond Ring One' which embodies the molecular structure of a diamond. It is the piece that people look at, think about, and then laugh. I love getting a reaction like that. I am currently developing it and it will be on display at the Science Museum in London in 2011.

Who would you like to see wearing your pieces?
I have always thought it would be fun if Marina Diamandis from 'Marina and the Diamonds' wore one of my diamonds purely for play on words!!

Our last interviewee, designer Lisa Brown, would like to know: What is a must have that every girl should have in their wardrobe?
A little black dress and a lot of diamonds to wear with it!

And last of all, what’s a random question would you like to ask the next interviewee?
What is your guilty pleasure?

If you check out some more of Myia's work HERE, you'll definitely be agreeing on her conceptual design genius!

*love*

xx

Myia Bonner. Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anonymous
 
Bellini's Fashion and Beauty, Womens Clothing, Located in Glenwood Springs Colorado, plus size womens clothing, womens clothing suppliers, womens urban clothing, women's boutique clothing, trendy women's clothing, womens designer clothing, womens clothing in bulk, womens clothing online Bellini's Fashion and Beauty, Womens Clothing, Located in Glenwood Springs Colorado, plus size womens clothing, womens clothing suppliers, womens urban clothing, women's boutique clothing, trendy women's clothing, womens designer clothing, womens clothing in bulk, womens clothing online