Fashion and Beauty - Wholesale Womens Clothing.

Review: Do your pigmented lips alter your lipstick shade? MAC Lip Erase just might be what you need.

MAC Lip Erase - Pale (PRO Product)
MAC Lip Erase - Pale (PRO Product)
Pale Lip Erase swatched on my hand
MAC Lip Erase is a flesh-toned balm that visually neutralizes and erases natural colour from the lip. Shine- and texture-free. Available in a choice of two shades for use on light to medium skin tones.

The color choices are Pale (for lighter skin tones) and Dim (for medium skintones). For reference, I have it in Pale.

What is the purpose of this product? Like mentioned, this product is meant to cancel out the natural hue of your lips. Why? Well, if you have little to no color in your lips, you may not find this product at all necessary. But, if you have rosy, pigmented lips, you may find this product helpful. Your natural lip color has a big impact of how certain lipsticks and lipglosses will look on you. It's only usually when lip colors are very opaque, that your natural lip color may not have an affect on how the color will look. On the other hand, with sheer lip colors, your natural lip color has a very big impact on how the lip color will look.

Have you ever walked into Sephora and tried to find your perfect lipstick and you take advantage of the hundreds of testers & illuminated mirrors - only to find that every lipstick you picked up looks almost the same on your lips? This happens to me almost every time I try out new lipsticks in a cosmetic store. Each time you wipe your lips off, your lips will give off a rosy hue. The more "rosy" or pigmented your lips are, the less certain shades (especially sheer, neutral or nude) will show up true to what you see in the tube.

The best way to achieve the color you see in the tube, is by giving your lips a clear canvas, with little color (unless, like mentioned, the lip color is very opaque & will cancel out your lip color regardless).

Of course you can use a concealer or foundation on your lips, but sometimes the foundation or concealer can be too thick & end up "mixing" with your lip color, completely altering the shade or it can be very drying to your lips. What I like to do, is apply a moisturizing lip balm to my lips, and after I have applied my foundation to my face with a brush, I take the brush and tap it gently over my lips to cancel out any rosiness. This only adds a little foundation residue to my lips & isn't heavy or drying.

Left to right: MAC Myth, Maybelline Cover Stick Med. Beige, MAC Pale Lip Erase
A couple of comparisons: MAC Myth Lipstick(a common shade to lighten the lips), Maybelline Cover Stick in Med Beige (a concealer stick, blended) and MAC Pale Lip Erase. Even though I applied a few layers of the lip erase, you can barely see it.

So, what's so special about MAC's Lip Erase? Well, there's a product for everything isn't there? Some may find that their foundation/concealer trick works fine for them & don't feel the need to invest in this product (or similar). I really like this product though. If you are familiar with MAC Lip Conditioners & Tinted Lip Conditioners, this product comes in the exact same packaging and has a very similar feel. I originally thought this product would be thick and heavy like a concealer - but I was completely wrong. It's actually incredibly thin, and lightweight and has the consistency of a lip balm. It was actually a little difficult to get a decent swatch of the color because it is so sheer, but it cancels out the lips wonderfully. Once applied to my lips, I don't find that the color moves around after I apply my lip color over it. I also don't find it drying. My lips are normally dry, but I didn't find that this dried them out any more than usual. Because it is light, it will emphasize dry skin, so I like exfoliating my lips prior and putting a light coating of lip balm on. I think this product is extremely handy and it will be a product that I can pop in my bag and pat on my lips after meals before I apply my lip gloss or lipstick. I'm very happy I decided to get this product, and I'll surely be wearing more of lip glosses that I tend to neglect.

I took a few photos to show what Nars Chihuahua Lipgloss looks like applied to my bare lips and what it looks like applied over MAC Lip Erase. As you can see, applied over my bare lips, the color is more red toned, and rosy. I much prefer the way it looks with Lip Erase. 

Nars Chihuahua Lipgloss applied over MAC Pale Lip Erase
MAC Lip Erase is a MAC PRO product and can only be purchased at PRO locations. You can also order by telephone or contact MAC PRO by e-mail. For more information for ordering, click here. You don't have to have a PRO membership to order any PRO product! (For ref, I received mine in a swap)

Review: Do your pigmented lips alter your lipstick shade? MAC Lip Erase just might be what you need. Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anonymous
 
Bellini's Fashion and Beauty, Womens Clothing, Located in Glenwood Springs Colorado, plus size womens clothing, womens clothing suppliers, womens urban clothing, women's boutique clothing, trendy women's clothing, womens designer clothing, womens clothing in bulk, womens clothing online Bellini's Fashion and Beauty, Womens Clothing, Located in Glenwood Springs Colorado, plus size womens clothing, womens clothing suppliers, womens urban clothing, women's boutique clothing, trendy women's clothing, womens designer clothing, womens clothing in bulk, womens clothing online